Announcers Went Wild.
And The Fans Roared.
Feel The Thunder Again.
Joe Garner’s bestselling book And The Crowd Goes Wild left sports fans clamoring for more of the thrilling events that brought them to the edge of their seats. And The Fans Roared delivers.
In gripping style, And The Fans Roared highlights announcers’ surprised, amazed and awestruck calls from every major sports arena–from baseball, football, basketball and the Olympics, to hockey, auto and horse racing, tennis, boxing, cycling and golf.
Accompanying this book, the two audio CDs highlight the exciting moments that brought us to our feet, when heroes reached for the stars, announcers reached for the words to describe them…and the fans roared!
Relive the most electrifying sports moments ever broadcast, including:
- September 29, 1954 — Willie Mays Makes “The Catch”
- October 25, 1964 — Jim Marshall Runs the Wrong Way
- January 22, 1973 — George Foreman Beats Joe Frazier
“Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!”
- February 23, 1980 — Eric Heiden Dominates Winter Olympics
- October 7, 1984 — Walter Payton Breaks Career Rushing Record
“Looking for the record…he’s got it!”
- September 11, 1985 — Pete Rose Smacks Hit No. 4,192
“It is pandemonium here at Riverfront Stadium!”
- May 7, 1989 — “The Shot”: Michael Jordan Beats Cleveland
- March 28, 1992 — Duke Beats Kentucky on Laettner Buzzer-Beater
- October 23, 1993 — Joe Carter Homer Wins World Series
- August 1, 1996 — Michael Johnson Wins 200 and 400 Gold in Atlanta
Hear each memorable broadcast again–or for the very first time in this New York Times bestseller!